Donna’s Famous Chocolate Break Up
I made this for our open house and everyone asked me for the recipe... so here it is! The perfect combination of salt and sweetness. It's delicious and so easy to make.
2 sticks of butter
1 cup of sugar
1 bag of semi sweet chocolate chips
About one bag of saltine crackers
Approx. 1 cup slivered almonds or chopped walnuts
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil.
- Place saltines on cookie sheet until they fully cover sheet.
- Melt butter and sugar in sauce pan and bring to a boil. Wait for mixture to begin thickening (about 2-3 minutes after boiling)
- Pour mixture over crackers and spread so that all crackers are covered.
- Empty bag of chocolate chips over crackers. Make sure they are spread out.
- Place in oven for one minute.
- Spread softened chocolate over crackers.
- Sprinkle nuts over chocolate.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 2 hrs. (Best if left overnight)
- Peel crackers away from foil and “break up” into pieces.